Please read carefully the following terms & conditions. Salty ≋ Waters – SurfSchool reserves the right to review and update the presented terms & conditions whenever it deems necessary.
The Salty ≋ Waters – Surf School is registered and recognized by the Portuguese Surfing Federation with License nº 393, belonging to NIF: 215467663. With the beginning of activity in 2015, our team is made up of people with more than 25 years of experience as practitioners and promoters for the development of various Surfing and Bodyboarding events in our region.
Thus, when in these Terms & Conditions we refer to “SWSS”, we are referring to the Salty ≋ Waters – Surf School.
- SWSS is a school that is dedicated to teaching surfing for all levels (Beginner/ Intermediate/Advanced) and for all ages*.
- SWSS provides all necessary equipment for surfing practice (surfboard, wetsuit and leash).
- Depending on the ocean conditions, SWSS can provide an extra transport service for intermediate and advanced levels if necessary.
- SWSS instructors are very experienced surfers, knowledgeable of teaching locations and accredited by FPS.
* SWSS recommends the minimum age of 6 years.
- Classes at SWSS are carried out in groups or individually (Private lesson).
- Classes at SWSS can be acquired in the following modes: Single lesson; Lesson packages of 3/5/10 sessions or more and Private lessons.
- One session duration: 2 hours (with preparation and heating).
- Preferential teaching location for Beginners level: Praia do Cabedelo at Viana do Castelo. Meeting point in front of the old Clube Luziamar – Google Maps) .
- Teaching location for more Advanced levels: the surf spot is chosen regarding the sea conditions.
- SWSS works with a maximum of 5 students per instructor in the group classes to ensure a safer and more personalized service, focused on high-quality surf teaching.
Booking & Schedules
- Classes can be booked directly at the school, or by phone/email with a 24 hours notice.
- Bookings requested for dates between 15th of June to 15th of September require a 50% signal of the total amount in question to be validated. The remaining amount must be paid before the beginning of the 1st lesson.
- For first registrations, SWSS requires the following data for personal insurance activation: First and Last name; Date of birth; Nationality.
- Class schedules are communicated in our website: www.saltywaters.pt, Facebook , or via text message (+351 917 762 807), email message (email@example.com) the day before of the lesson.
- The communication of classes by sms/e-mail message requires the confirmation of the student/ client within the designated time in the message, to validate his presence in classes.
- SWSS class schedules are dependent on tidal hours.
- Classes are dependent on weather and sea conditions.
- In case of adverse conditions, classes will be rescheduled and new date and time will be communicated by sms /e-mail.
- From the time of enrollment, all SWSS students/ clients are covered by a personal insurance valid for all sessions.
Payment of Classes
- Classes can be paid in cash directly at the school, or by bank transfer to the IBAN: PT50 0018 0003 201286170204 7 (Banco Santander).
- Payments made by bank transfer require transfer confirmation sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org..
- S SWSS does not have a card payment available.
- SWSS requires submission of tax data for receipt/invoice issuance.
- All amounts charged by SWSS are subject to VAT.
Cancellation & No-show
- After confirmed by the student/ client, the class cannot be canceled, except for reasons of illness or due to force majeure, duly justified.
- The refund of payments require a cancel notice sent to the school’s email: email@example.com., within 24 hours of purchase.
- After this deadline, the school will not accept refunds.